Tim Douglass

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:00:39 GMT, jo4hn wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:

A couple weeks ago I was given an old Craftsman 6" jointer by an older
man in our church. [snip]

Just a note about the knives. If you are buying them from Sears, be
very careful. I had a major problem some months ago (google jo4hn and
jointer for documentation) where replacement knives differed in width
from one end to the other by .008". This was enough to allow the knives
to come out of cutter head and take a piece out of the infeed table.
Happily no harm was done to yr hmbl srvnt.

Freud knives through Amazon tool crib. Cheaper than Sears and I didn't
have to deal with those guys.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com