patrick conroy

"Juergen Hannappel" wrote in message

Hello,
I will be traveling to Madison, Wisconsin by end of April, and would
like to visit some points of woodworking interest in that area. Can
anyone give me a hint of what not to miss?

The waterskiiing pig at Tommy Bartlett's water show?
I grew up and lived in WI for over 25 years and never made it to the Dells,
so take that for what its worth...

[Pesonally, I'd wasn't into woodworking then, so I'll only offer up
non-dorking things I'd do.]

UW-M is my alma mater and things I enjoyed doing we the Capitol tour,
House on the Rock (a drive but on the way to Taliesin), walk down State
Street, up the hill to Bascom Hall and a little jaunt around the campus,
walk down to the Red Gym and the lake, get some ice cream from Babcock.

Scooting over to New Glarus or down to Stoughton might be a little bit of
fun.

I'd probably zip over to Milwaukee (about an hour drive) and see those
sites. Ain't been to the new Art Museum with Calatrava's piece yet.

There's some interesting geographical things in that part of the state due
the the glaciers: (eg. drumlins). Whitewater has some nice parks to explore.