Bob Mannix

Default Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaners - Buying Advice

"Peter Hemmings" wrote in message
news
I Have an old Hoover Aquajet and am getting tired of continually replacing
the "wafer thin" bags which are now sold as spares, and I will be looking
for a basic "cyclone" upright in the near future. I understand there are
now more options now than just Dyson, and as I have heard of some bad
reports of them (expensive parts/unreliability), I would appreciate some
actual user feedback.
For information, I had an interesting conversation with the owner of a
repair shop in Bristol. He said most cyclone problems were due to not
cleaning the filter every couple of months and trying to use the machine
with a wet filter after cleaning! He also suggested getting a spare filter
so that I could usr the vacumm while the filter dried out completely
(which can take a few days).

These are not suggestions, they are essential. Two months - ha! I have to
change the filter every time I empty the machine (Dyson). As they are now
washable, you just need two sets as the man says.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)