patrick conroy

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
om...

comfortable. I was really surprised at just how fast the time went - the
class was 90 minutes and POOF... it only seemed like a few minutes. I had

More proof you're having fun and good at this...

I *think* I see a spark in a couple of the kids - it's a start.

To me - that's to *best* thing about teaching. Seeing the light bulb
flicker, then get brighter and brighter...

that they hadn't actually *built* anything.... ANYTHING.... in 3 semesters
of WW Shop. One of the kids that "knew everything" was wearing

SLIPPERS....
I called him on it, and his only response was that he had the "right" to

be
comfortable. So, the upshot.... NO slippers in shop, comfort or not...
Jeez....

I've got a slew of teachers in the family tree - all at somepoint get worn
down by this. The attitudes. Also known as "Kids these days!?!!?"

The hard part is not letting these kids get to you.
Concentrate your effort on those that give a darn and want to learn.