Edwin Pawlowski

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
for me (well more but these are the two I'm considering). Engineered
flooring or Solid flooring.

The engineered flooring can either be installed with glue down or in a
floating configuration, comes
with a roughly 25-30 year warranty, and has a 2mm thick top veneer. The
solid is 3/8" or 1/2" (depending
on species) and is glued down (warranty is up to 50 depending on manuf.).
Any recommendations?
I worry a bit about a 2mm veneer (5/64") being too thin yet the engineered
flooring is also cheaper. The
solid wood would be fine but as expected, is more expensive.

My Mannington engineered wood has been down for about 18 months. Over
concrete it was by far the best solution for me. It is a floating floor and
seems to have excellent wear capabilities. I'd not be concerned about hte
2mm tip thickness.