Rob Morley

In article , "Roger R"
lid says...
snip
It's a car wheel hub so I can't really get behind it because of the wheel
flange. I was thinking of using the bench grinder to give more control
over the work, but the hub is too large to bring to the bench wheel without
removing the work rest, negating its advantage.

Your suggestion of using the angle grinder may be more suitable giving
greater control with the hub in the vice.

If that's the way you want to do it I'd have though a die grinder
would be best for the job. Have you thought about welding a bit of
steel onto the race to give you something to hit/pull on?