James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Engineered Flooring or Solid HW?

Sorry for the somewhat offtopic post (still has to do with wood though
).

Anyway, considering putting down wood flooring in a few rooms at mi casa.
Substrate is concrete and there is really no motivation to add a 1 1/2"
subfloor as that will
cause uneveness to other flooring already installed. I see there are
really two alternatives
for me (well more but these are the two I'm considering). Engineered
flooring or Solid flooring.

The engineered flooring can either be installed with glue down or in a
floating configuration, comes
with a roughly 25-30 year warranty, and has a 2mm thick top veneer. The
solid is 3/8" or 1/2" (depending
on species) and is glued down (warranty is up to 50 depending on manuf.).
Any recommendations?
I worry a bit about a 2mm veneer (5/64") being too thin yet the engineered
flooring is also cheaper. The
solid wood would be fine but as expected, is more expensive.

Anyone with some experience in this decision? Advice? Thanks very much,

jlc