toller

"LRod" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:51:20 GMT, "toller" wrote:

You can use that 240v outlet, but I don't think it is a good idea to put a
small tool on what is probably a 40a breaker.

Why not? Do you have a bunch of teeny tiny 1A breakers to power your
clock radio and other small devices with? Someone posted similar
nonsense a whlle back saying that because Grizzly recommended a 20A
line for their blurpfl that it would void the warranty to power it
with a 30A line. I recommended that person refrain from giving
electrical advice, obviously lacking a fundamental understanding of
it.

If you read my post, I said he could use it, but I wouldn't.
It is a bad idea to put a 10a load on a circuit protected by a 30a breaker;
no one would argue with that except to be a jerk. The 1a clock on a 15a
circuit is not an appropriate analogy.

You basically want to avoid running two tools on the same circuit (at the
same time of course).

Why is that? Do you have separate circuits for your food processor and
stand mixer? Geez, where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Kitchens are required to have two circuits because it is not a good idea to
run a food processor and stand mixer on the same circuit at the same time.
If you only have one line it is okay if necessary, but only a moron wouldn't
try to avoid it.

Friend of Doug's?