Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Doug Miller wrote:
I had the local power utility repair a downed power line once and they
accidentally reversed the phasing, which in turn destroyed a 15 HP 220V 3ph
Ingersol Rand air compressor I operated at work (caused it to run backwards
and the oil pump didn't pick up oil like it should).

Ouch. I hope they paid for repairs.

They did. I cost them quite a bit: that was a 5000 psi 15 cfm air compressor
originally designed to pump up the oleo struts of B-52s. I used it to fill
scuba cylinders.

Now, many years later, I'm dealing with 220V single phase power at the house.
Does it make any difference which [hot] conductor goes to which blade on a
220V plug?

Not at all.

Thanks very much. This 220V stuff is looking easier all the time.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE