Doug Miller

In article , "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote:

I had the local power utility repair a downed power line once and they
accidentally reversed the phasing, which in turn destroyed a 15 HP 220V 3ph
Ingersol Rand air compressor I operated at work (caused it to run backwards and
the oil pump didn't pick up oil like it should).

Ouch. I hope they paid for repairs.

Now, many years later, I'm dealing with 220V single phase power at the house.
Does it make any difference which [hot] conductor goes to which blade on a 220V plug?

Not at all.

--
Regards,