WillR

Dan White wrote:
Hi. I joined two maple countertops but one edge wasn't completely flat and
there is a small gap across much of the joined section (about 25 inches). I
don't need a perfect match so I'm not too worried about the gap, but I'd
like to fill it with something that won't look too different from the maple.
Is there anything good at HD that I could use to fill that gap before I poly
the surface?

thanks,
dwhite

You could also route a small strip and do an inlay -- glued. Looks
better than putty.

Done it myself a few times.

Look at the first picture and click on it -- did it for exactly that
reason. The joint on the tray looked terrible -- so I did an inlay.
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...furniture.html

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek