Leon

"Jerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have the Rocker dovetail jig? How does it work -- honestly?

I understand that most dovetail jigs (lower-end, sub $150) are such a
pain to use that most don't get used.

Also considering the newer Porter-Cable 4212 I believe it is called.

I'm not doing any volume -- should I just learn to handcut dovetails
and be done with it?

It should do fine. Any DT jig can be a pain to use including the Leigh.
The pain is not so much with the jig itself as it is with learning to make
and understand router bit adjustments to make properly fitting DT joints.
An improperly fitting DT joint is 99% of the time user error vs. jig error.