Will

Arch wrote:
Alun, You might want to try incorporating some glass or ceramic
ornaments inside an inside-out turning, finishing the pieces before
gluing. I've used shells, coral, rocks, and once an 'eight ball', but=

the 'creations' are unlimited and I think they can be quite 'arty', Yo=

might want to try rotating some/all the parts 90 deg. instead of 180
and/or using three instead of the usual four parts. The ornaments can b=

glued or left free inside the piece.
=20
Leo Lichtman's suggestion to cut the parts after the first turning work=

for me.
=20
Thanks for starting this thread. I hope others will share their ideas
for combining crafts....and arts.
=20
=20
Turn to Safety, Arch =20
Fortiter
=20
=20
=20
=20

Oooohh! I like those ideas.

Would it be plagiarism if I used them? evil grin

I just had a bunch of high grade gold ore samples left with me. Maybe=20
that would be a good use... Especially if I cut and polished them...

Not worth that much as they are -- but they could be made into really=20
great conversation pieces...

Wish I was done all the spindles I need. :-)

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw