Arch

Alun, You might want to try incorporating some glass or ceramic
ornaments inside an inside-out turning, finishing the pieces before
gluing. I've used shells, coral, rocks, and once an 'eight ball', but
the 'creations' are unlimited and I think they can be quite 'arty', You
might want to try rotating some/all the parts 90 deg. instead of 180
and/or using three instead of the usual four parts. The ornaments can be
glued or left free inside the piece.

Leo Lichtman's suggestion to cut the parts after the first turning works
for me.

Thanks for starting this thread. I hope others will share their ideas
for combining crafts....and arts.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter