Karl Townsend

Default looking for thick wall AL pipe

AWL S#$T! I wrapped the end of my Limp Lopper pruner around the rear tractor
tire axle after it caught on the tire chains. Really nice for pruning around
corners VBG

The outer tube of the pruning shear is standard thick wall rigid AL 3/4"
tubing.

The current AL inner tube, or push rod, has an OD of 0.592" and an ID of
0.294". I have to turn 1/2"x20 male threads on each end of this pushrod so
the ID can't be bigger than 0.300", ID could be as small as 0.125". The
pushrod just has to slide inside the outer tube, so it can have a wide range
of ODs from 0.500" to 0.625-". If I had too, it wouldn't be that big a deal
to turn the OD down.

I can't find an AL tube this size. FWIW, the specs on ID and OD are real
close to 1/4" schedule 80 pipe. I've found this in 304 and 316SS but I'm
afraid of turning fine threads in ths stuff, its a b#$% to machine. Plus,
the extra weight would be no fun.

Anyone know of a source for this?