Jmagerl

"HeyBub" wrote in message
dadiOH wrote:
I plan to sand lay a brick patio, walkway and some other areas. About
2,000 sq.ft.

The town where I live is demolishing some old brick buildings, I can
get some of the rubble. One of the buildings is built with cored
bricks, not sure of the other.

Questions:

1. Any reason I couldn't lay cored bricks on the side rather than
flat?

2. Anyone have any knowledge of how hard it is to chip off old lime
mortar vs cement mortar?

3. Will I still be chipping mortar from old bricks in 2050?

The three-hole bricks are probably well-fired and quite sturdy.

There is a significant market for used (and reusable) brick. Some pay
premium prices.

Not to knock my previous home owner again but he used 3 hole bricks for lawn
edging. They too turned to rock chips.
He didn't do too many things right in this house. The only bricks not
turning to rock chips are the left over pallet of bricks he left me. I guess
because they are not in contact with the ground.