HeyBub

dadiOH wrote:
I plan to sand lay a brick patio, walkway and some other areas. About
2,000 sq.ft.

The town where I live is demolishing some old brick buildings, I can
get some of the rubble. One of the buildings is built with cored
bricks, not sure of the other.

Questions:

1. Any reason I couldn't lay cored bricks on the side rather than
flat?

2. Anyone have any knowledge of how hard it is to chip off old lime
mortar vs cement mortar?

3. Will I still be chipping mortar from old bricks in 2050?

The three-hole bricks are probably well-fired and quite sturdy.

There is a significant market for used (and reusable) brick. Some pay
premium prices.