Roger R

"Dave Baker" wrote in message

Fine Grey, Green, Pink or White?

Whichever one your bench grinder already has fitted. It's hardly going to
make a rat's arse worth of difference for a single bearing race. An angle
grinder with a cut off disk would probably be the better tool anyway. It
might come off if you belt the back of it with a blunt chisel first

though.

It's a car wheel hub so I can't really get behind it because of the wheel
flange. I was thinking of using the bench grinder to give more control
over the work, but the hub is too large to bring to the bench wheel without
removing the work rest, negating its advantage.

Your suggestion of using the angle grinder may be more suitable giving
greater control with the hub in the vice.

Just on the point about abrasive materials, my existing bench grinder
wheel -coarse grey -is worn down and I thought to get a new one, but notice
green wheels are twice the price of grey ones.
Any advantage for general grinding apps?

Roger