Harry Bloomfield

Default Help with lead pipe replacement please

on 08/04/2004, Broadback supposed :
This is the scenario.

A little lead piping in the house, though mainly copper. Lead pipe from the
water board roadside stopcock, along the garden into the lounge under the
floorboards, diagonally across the lounge into the pantry, via a many times
painted stopcock up into the bathroom, then into a copper system.

I am refurbishing the house, starting in the lounge, when finished I do not
want to remove the floorboards again.

Tentative plan.

Talk to your local water supply people, I think there is a health
policy to replace all lead piping and they may well replace it for free
if made aware of it.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org