Robatoy

In article .com,
wrote:

Just wondering.
-Phil Crow

I've been at it since 1976 and still love the trade. There will always
be nasty moments as in any relationship but looking back over the last
30 years.....can't think of any. Things are better now, because my
operation is much smaller and I no longer feel the financial pressure.
If wood is in your blood, you'll do well. (I don't mean that in an Al
Gore sorta way.)
I believe that any career is rewarding if you love what you're doing.
Last study indicated only 5% of the working people actually love their
job. The break-down of that 5%, was that 80%+ were professionals...the
other 20% must have been wooddorkers. Then again, 70% of all statistics
are bullshi*t.

Other than that, it would help you to remember that the only stupid
questions are the ones that weren't asked. Never pretend you know what
you're doing if you don't. If none of your co-workers want to teach you
anything...get the hell out of there!

In the nether regions of the 6th dimension, there float about a myriad
of mistakes that haven't been made yet. Several will have your name
engraved on them. When I interview, I pretty much go along with that
well drafted list of Mr. Jim Ray, especially the math and hustle part,
but at the end of the interview I will ask: "Tell me 3 of your biggest
screw-ups and how they tought you anything."... the way that question is
handled will most likely make up my mind about the applicant.

Oh... and to add to Jim's list....the applicant better have a sense of
humour.