Knothead

Depends on the size of the shop. If it's a big custom place there is a lot
to learn and you can move through different stations like counters, drawers,
doors etc. I thought I brought decent skills to the job when I worked at
Hillcraft but quickly learned my skills really meant nothing there. Most of
the work really boiled down to being some schmoe running a machine.
Dowelling machines, dovetail machines panel cutters. No real room for
experience or talent. I spent 3 months running an edge bander and trimming
the waste from Melamine 4, 10 hour days with mandatory overtime on Friday
and Saturday for a total of 55 hours a week. Boring mind numbing work. When
the cool jobs came in it was saved for the folks who had spent the last
several years doing edge banding and this was only like a 10 person shop.

Knothead