Keith

You are right it is right oak. Nice call.

Patriarch wrote:

Bob G. wrote in
:
snip

My guess is that when you tilt the blade you actually loose alignment
of the blade to the miter slot...the rear of your blade shifts a
little closer or further away from the slot ..at a 90 degree angle
everything is in alignment. front to back...

And my guess, since it's oak, is that it's changing the grain direction,
exposing the more open pore structure, and generally being oak. Probably
red oak, too. Consider the ray fleck structure that's variably exposed,
when changing from flatsawn to riftsawn to quartersawn, and my money's on
that being a contributing factor.

Oh, and try using featherboards, if you haven't already.

So that's my guess from miles away.

Patriarch