Morris Dovey

I'm wondering whether or not production-type millwork jobs are anything
like wooddorking. There's a definite appeal there, but I've found that
one of the fastest ways to stop enjoying something is to do it for a
living. If any of you have found that to be true (or complete BS),
then let me know.

I once spent six months working in a furniture factory where the
primary product line was business/commercial furniture. I heard
recently that my old record of cutting 1200 chair frames (with no
rework/rejects and no CNC tooling) in a single shift still stands.

Production woodworking really isn't (IME) much like wooddorking.
It can be satisfying - but the reasons will be different.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar