Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm wondering whether or not production-type millwork jobs are anything
like wooddorking. There's a definite appeal there, but I've found that
one of the fastest ways to stop enjoying something is to do it for a
living. If any of you have found that to be true (or complete BS),
then let me know.

At the age of ten I was interested in wood working. At 16 it was cars cars
cars. At 40 I retired successfully from the automotive business and
basically hated it as I had been in upper management for the previous 17
years and ran my own company owned store at 21. After retiring my friends
and relatives talked me in to going into business for my self doing wood
working. 10 years later I still love it.

Biggest difference, I had to work when I was in the automotive business, I
don't now.