loutent

snip

First, using the tool run the battery until they seem to be dead. It is
best to use a drill or saw as they don't burn out like the flashlights.

Then let the battery sit for a while (1/2 hour to a few hours usually
does it). During this time the battery will regain some available
energy, this is caused by the breakdown of the passivated material
chemistry
Repeat the first two steps until you get nothing after several hours of
resting.

snip

I have to try this with my PC drill NiCads. I have had some success
by clamping the drill "on" and then re-charging - repeating
many times for a week or so.

This new method sounds even more promising.

Lou