Lew Hodgett

Charlie Self wrote:

Close enough. It was NOT in U.S. interests, yet we've spent (admitted)
about 200 billion bucks in addition to 1500+ American lives, God knows
how many Iraqi lives, and more than 11,000 seriously wounded (again,
U.S. casualities).

The only benefits I can see are ephemeral and unnecessary to U.S.
survival. Someone, somewhere, in and out of the Conservative movement,
needs to get the idea that we are not, never have been, and should not
be, nannies for the frigging world. If we're threatened, kick the ****
out of the threat. Otherwise, stay out. Let them handle their own
problems.

Charlie my boy, you are just too damn logical for this bunch of anal
retentive Neanderthals.

As my mother told me when I was about 10, "Son, if you insist on messing
around with chicken ****, you are going to get some on you".

It is still applicable.

Lew