Phillip Hallam-Baker

For $1.50 per month you can subscribe to the PBS National hookup
(Channel
249) on DISH Satellite. They carry NYW with no fund raising.

No you can't. I used to have this until the *******s at WGBH objected.
I would much rather pay a fair price for commercial free TV than be
forced to sit through bull**** fundraisers.

Last week they had that git Suzie Orman going on about money like she
was preaching a religious sermon. It may just be me but I find that
sort of thing revolting and in any case the only people who are going
to want to sit through that sort of thing are the type of people who
are too tightfisted to donate anyhow.

I don't care if PBS does not get paid for the programs sent out over
satelite, they sure as heck could get paid. I have a PVR so I never
watch the commercials on regular TV anyway, apart from the superbowl of
course where in the average year the same technology allows one to
effortlessly edit out the alleged game.This year being the first time
in living memory that the game has not been effectively over in the
first quarter we actually watched the game but you get the idea.