G Henslee

dadiOH wrote:
I plan to sand lay a brick patio, walkway and some other areas. About
2,000 sq.ft.

The town where I live is demolishing some old brick buildings, I can get
some of the rubble. One of the buildings is built with cored bricks,
not sure of the other.

Questions:

1. Any reason I couldn't lay cored bricks on the side rather than
flat?

Not to my knowledge, especially for walks, etc. Also, I recommend a
sand base at the very least.

2. Anyone have any knowledge of how hard it is to chip off old lime
mortar vs cement mortar?

Old lime mortar is generally easier to remove. Sometimes rubbing two
bricks together removes what doesn't fall off in transport.

3. Will I still be chipping mortar from old bricks in 2050?

--
dadiOH

Get some help. Sorry, I'm busy that week. ;o)