Peter Parry

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:26:39 +0000, AlexW
wrote:

Peter Parry wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:12:38 +0000, AlexW
wrote:

Or "professionally" adjective, "characterized by or conforming to the
technical or ethical standards of a professional".

That rules out all of the asbestos disposal industry.

A bit harsh, to use the word "all"?

Not really, I am sure there might be honest individuals but as an
industry it has no standards, no method of disciplining errant
members and apparently no wish to set up such structures. It cannot
call itself "professional".

What basis does this statement have (genuinely interested here, not just being picky).

http://www.asbestoswatchdog.co.uk/ contains a number of stories.
There are about 700 licensed asbestos removers and the HSE has
prosecuted about 100 of them in the last 15 years.

I have not heard of this happening in my neck of the woods ... but it
does seem like a typical criminal scam ... and that is what we are
talking about here.

Yes, and a very worthwhile one.

--
Peter Parry.