Christian McArdle

1. I gather I need to earth my lovely chrome towel radiator with an awful
green and yellow cable? How on earth (sorry!) do I do this without having
the earth cable dangling up my wall?

Personally, with a blank canvas I would redo the plumbing ensuring at least
1m of plastic between the metalwork (i.e. taps/bath/rad) and the supply.
Then not supplementary bond at all. Short lengths of chrome pipe into the
boxing/under the floorboards are fine. Unforunately, the inspectors may be
too ignorant to realise that such a system is safer than a supplementary
bonded metal one.

The IEE guidance suggesting this as a safer course of action now has
something like "This is not the advice of the IEE" right under the IEE logo,
presumably for legal/insurance reasons. However, its contents are well
considered and based on scientific evidence.

Christian.