jim rozen

In article , Bob Chilcoat says...

One incident I discovered when preparing for a lecture I gave to
anesthesiologists was a large oxygen cylinder (300 size IIRC) that was
wheeled into the room while a patient was in the machine. The cylinder flew
ten feet and landed across the opening, pinning the patient inside. After
quenching the field they were able to get her out, badly bruised but
otherwise unhurt. Fortunately the thing didn't arrive end on, it could have
gone inside with her and crushed her completely. Yuck!

This is pretty much what happened to the child who was getting an
mri around here.

They thought the kid was in some kind of respiratory distress (not
true, there was a problem with a sensor) and decided to bring a
small portable 02 bottle over to begin giving oxygen.

The bottle was in an anteroom and was was hand-carried into the
room, was ripped out of the person's hands and entered the
scanner, and crushed the child's head.

I always thought one could make a nice magnetic scanner to pre-screen
all items entering into an mri suite.

Jim

please reply to: