Rick

On 14 Mar 2005 22:29:49 -0800, "legin"
wrote:

Thanks for enlightening responses. Looks like the inverter is a no-no.
I hadn't planned to lug batteries around. I was going to leave them in
the back of the van. Charge them at home. Park van next to mixer.
Hadn't even given the red diesel a thought. Brilliant idea. Always
fancied a diesel gen set as well! To start with the house build will
be very slow to begin with. I have got so much work piling in that I
don't know when i will be able to get on it. For the next three months
I will probably just get the footings out, trench fill, bit of
drainage, to blues and floor slabs, one course down to allow for
screed, cos I want UFH. Understand the cuppa point of view but the site
is only 1 mile from home and I've got a big flask. Thought about a
portacabin but then thought that maybe a small caravan would be better.
Would have toilet facilities but would probably get messed up real
quick. I have been waiting patiently for years hoping to buy an
adjacent property for other resasons and if this happened then it would
solve all my issues.

Regards

Legin

A mile of extenion leads from B&Q is only gonna cost you a a couple of
hundred quid, not that I would do this.

I get the fealing we are about to find out why this is a bad idea.

As somebody else said, get your site sorted. I am DIY building, and I
have 2 approaches to all tools.
1) buy cheep junk - cause I only want it once
2) buy the best
There is no point in having a cheep drill, you will burn it out, and
loose a days work.

Rick