James Sweet

"ri" wrote in message
Hi Group , all I am working with here is the High Voltage Transformer
itself . The rest of the microwave oven has been discarded as trash . I
need a transformer that has an output of 1,500 volts for use as a plate
transformer . I have several microwave transformers to test .
This brings me back to the question of testing the voltage . How is the
best way to check the voltage ? Thanks again .

Several have already answered your question... feed the transformer a lower
AC voltage and measure the correspondingly lower output.