Teamcasa

"Keith" wrote in message
news:1110754339.94c529a89df13f8fe81bf31154e2d9ed@1 usenet...
I have been cutting some oak with a Delta unisaw and the blade set to 45
degrees. The edges don't seem real smooth at 45 degrees but are smooth as
glass
at 90 degree. I'm using a WWII which is about a month old. The cuts are
along
the grain and seem to be tearing along the wood fibers. The poplar wood I
was
using before seemed very smooth at 45 degrees. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Keith,
Is the blade tilting away from the fence? Is so, the wood will tend to rise
and fall producing a rough cut. Regardless of tilt you need to maintain
good downward pressure and good pressure against the fence you will produce
better rips. Tilting toward the fence will make this job a touch easier.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com