Andy Asberry

On 14 Mar 2005 15:58:15 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

I'm not going to tell you what *one* officer left behind at the
range one day.

But it was blue and it went bang.

Jim

I'll see your "one left behind" and raise you many levels of more
dangerous place.

Loaded S&W 357 found on the toilet paper holder in a McDonalds
restroom. Turned it over to the local PD after assurances that I would
get it back if unclaimed and not suspicious. I called two weeks later
to see if it had been claimed. No record of it in the property room.

That got my mind in overdrive. I could picture a cop taking it home.
So, I went into my concerned citizen routine. Everyday, I would go
another notch up the ladder. Finally the assistant chief called to say
the mystery was solved. A federal marshall had left it and had called
the PD the same day. They handed it over without recording it.