meirman

In alt.home.repair on 14 Mar 2005 10:07:31 -0800
posted:

You need to remove the stems and take them to a plumbing supply or home
center.
They should be able to supply you with replacement parts. BTW, did you
try
tightening the packing nut?

And I think one can add more packing also. They have, I think, teflon
string, about an eighth inch in diameter. Go once or twice or three
times around. Just a little more actually. Let it overlap a bit.

Sounds like you have el cheapo faucets,
but to replace
the entire shower/sub faucets without access is likely the last resort.

I agree. I can barely imagine something so cheap that it couldn't be
made ok from the front of the wall.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether