AlexW

Peter Parry wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:12:38 +0000, AlexW
wrote:

I shall restate my question: Are you advocating sawing white asbestos
cement products?

I wouldn't - it ruins the saw.

Fair enough ... but then you might have guessed I won't be trying this
any time soon :-)

Or "professionally" adjective, "characterized by or conforming to the
technical or ethical standards of a professional".

That rules out all of the asbestos disposal industry.

A bit harsh, to use the word "all"? What basis does this statement have
(genuinely interested here, not just being picky).

I gather their latest scam is to dump the stuff on farmland and then
report its presence to the local authority. The LA tell the farmer
to remove it (at the farmers expense - nulabor decided a neat way of
reducing rubbish disposal costs was to make landowners pay to dispose
of rubbish dumped on their land).

Hey presto - a day later the dumpers turn up at the farm and offer
their services as certified Local Authority approved professionals to
remove the stuff at a discounted rate.

I have not heard of this happening in my neck of the woods ... but it
does seem like a typical criminal scam ... and that is what we are
talking about here.