Andy Hall

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:14:23 +0000, Vera
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:48:21 -0000, "colin"
wrote:

What's the best way to finish an oak dining table. Should I stain it then
apply varnish or is staining enough if applied every so often

OK - silly question I know but why would anyone want to stain an oak
table?

If it's a very light shade, one may want to age it a little. But
this doesn't need to mean making it nearly black or using garish
browns and oranges. Something fairly lightly applied and wiped off
almost immediately would work quite well.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl