In article ,
Tim Williams wrote:
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
You have _stronger_
magnets in your computer's hard drive, by the way.

I didn't know they could produce permanent magnets anywhere near 2T, let
alone 20.

Boy, those are some impressive magnets then... hey, they'd make great
replacements for those tricky superconducitng rigs in MRI's!
BG

RF Heating might also be a concern, but less so than the discomfort
and image problems.

That's an UL with tatoos, but as I recall it only causes a little
distortion, not really any heating or "pull".

Could be a legend, but it was on the info/warning/tell-us-about-it sheet I
got. Even without any ink I noticed some heating while scanning. They were
shooting my shoulder and I could feel it on the back of my neck kind of
across the shoulders. Subtle, but there. I suppose it could have been from
the equipment, but it dissipated very fast when they stopped scanning and I
would think that a large warm piece of equipment would not cool down that
fast...

Now that I think of it, if you are refering to the Myth Busters shot at the
legend, they couldn't detect anything with an IR thermometer. I suspect that
there is a world of difference when it is in your skin. Did they test that?
I don't remember...

-- Joe

--
Joseph M. Krzeszewski Mechanical Engineering and stuff
Jack of All Trades, Master of None... Yet