Ron DeBlock

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:19:05 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:

Nah, it won't take out a metal sliver, they're too small to have
much pull on them even with that large of a magnet. You have _stronger_
magnets in your computer's hard drive, by the way.

Hard drive magnets are plenty strong, but I've never had one try to rip my
Swiss army knife through the fabric of my Levis at a distance of 20ft. My
wife was having an MRI, and I forgot to empty my pockets before entering
the room. My knife started pulling toward the machine as soon as I walked
in the door - I left quickly, and made sure I had nothing metallic when I
returned.

-Ron