john

rlincolnh wrote:

Hi John,

Apart from the weight of the lathe itself, the base is pretty damn heavy
cast iron, and I tied both ends of the base together at floor level,
just so there couldn't be any tendency to spread or otherwise move.

I borrowed a *really* nice precision level from the university when I
was setting it up, and lengthways, front/back, etc is all within 1 minor
division on the scale.

Roger

The most important part of leveling is that the carriage remains level
as it travels down the ways. if the tool tips in or out a half
thousandth you lose or gain a thou. in diameter.

John