Gunner

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:24:04 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Please be on the lookout for a stolen 1978 Hobie 16 catamaran
sailboat and trailer. It was stolen from its owners yard in Taft,
California, sometime around the first of March, 2005

Got the boat back today. Lol...Harvey, the local "handicapped"
scavanger had taken it to his house, "because it was just sitting
there and I didnt want it to get stolen"

The sad part is...knowing the guy, he really believed it. So after
discussing the issue with the local deputy, we both came to the
conclusion there would be no point in pressing charges. Harvey is
the smart one of the family and the breadwinner. And while he is
fairly retarded..he does work hard at taking care of his family....

So I promised Harvey that Id put a padlock and a chain on the trailer,
and I thanked him for his looking out for my boat, gave him $10 for
his trouble...and dragged it, both flat tires, the 2 blocks back to
the house.

The gal that told me where it was gets a 6 pack of Bud for her
troubles. She switched from MD wine to Bud....because there is more
calories in the beer...and its her only meal of the day.....

Interesting living on the wrong side of the tracks.....

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown