Paul Moore

Default Is it possible to dissemble and rebuild a door?

Hello all,

I have this solid old oak door that I got from a friend a few years ago.
When I put it in, it was badly warped, so I clamped it under tension for
about two weeks, which seemed to solve the problem at the time. Now the door
has started sagging and the bottom edge furthest away from the hinges rubs
against the floor. More importantly, it's starting to drive the wife mad,
and she wants to throw the door onto the skip outside our front door, which
is a shame because it is a nice door.

Is it possible that the glued joints were weakened by the clamping, which is
causing the door to sag under its own weight? If so, is there any way to
dissemble it so that I can reglue it together again?

Many thanks,

Paul
--
paulDOTmoore@pandoraDOTbe