Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
legin wrote:
Hoping to start my self build shortly and the thought of power has
crossed my mind. Have been looking at genertors and obviously these
would do the job but they use 2-3 gallons a day if run constantly,
Average say £10 per day = £50 per week, would soon add up. I know it
could be started and stopped with each mix but this is more work and
hassle. A thought came to mind. I have several van batteries about that
still hold a decent charge. A 600w invetrter can be had for approx
£60- £70. me thinks ah that'l do nicely. However one of the
inverter's destructions says it won't work drills, saws in fact
anythink with a motor as it is a modified sine wave. Has any one tried
it ? Any other ideas from the group. Yes, I could possible tap a
neighbour up but don't want to burn my bridges just yet.

I'd be surprised if charging batteries off the mains, using and invertor,
and the likely costs of replacements bring the costs down anywhere near to
that of even highly taxed petrol.

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.