Lawrence Wasserman

In article 1110754339.94c529a89df13f8fe81bf31154e2d9ed@1usen et,
Keith wrote:
I have been cutting some oak with a Delta unisaw and the blade set to 45
degrees. The edges don't seem real smooth at 45 degrees but are smooth as glass
at 90 degree. I'm using a WWII which is about a month old. The cuts are along
the grain and seem to be tearing along the wood fibers. The poplar wood I was
using before seemed very smooth at 45 degrees. Any suggestions.
Thanks

I've seen a similar problem with contractor's saws, I guess it could
happen with a cabinet saw as well. If the plane of the saw table is
not parallel to the tilt axis of the blade, then tilting the blade
will effectively move the front of the blade closer or further from
the miter slot than the rear, whether closer or further depending on
which way it is "out" If this is the case than I believe it could be
corrected with shims between the cabinet and the front or rear of
the table. (On a contractors saw shims are used between the trunnions
and the table) Perhaps someone else has a good procedure for doing
this, at the moment all I can think of is a trial and error solution.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland