Terry Poperszky

Yup, a piece of red heart with beads to mask the join area really added to
the value of a walnut bowl that I did, fetched 160.00 at auction.

Terry

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:08:36 -0800, william_b_noble wrote:

if you really like the piece, you can always glue another piece of wood to
the bottom, and return the bottom - I did this with a walnut bowl (about 18
inch diameter) and while it was visible, the bowl sold for $300 or so if I
remember right - contrasting wood could be a good idea also.
"Harry B. Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...
I believe those pieces are called "funnels". :-)

Or napkin rings.