Charles Spitzer

"blueman" wrote in message
I have heard and googled conflicting advice over whether or not to
reapply sealant to a granite kitchen countertop. Our countertop was
presumably sealed upon installation 4 years ago but nothing has been
done since.

So, what do the Usenet experts here recommend for upkeep of a granite
countertop?

Also, Home Depot for example sells a combo package with cleaner,
disinfectant, sealant, and polish.
Are any of these "potions" worth applying?

Thanks?

it depends upon the specific granite used. if you have a scrap of it, leave
a drop of lemon juice, a drop of oil, and a drop of red wine on it for a
while. if you have a mark on them from any of these liquids, then seal it.