Rod Speed

"cover" coverland914 @ yahoo.com wrote in message
news:1110796699.c1dec07e07b4ae9c372966a97a089e65@t eranews...
On 13 Mar 2005 16:36:28 -0800, wrote:

It's hard to get a mental picture. Grout sealer is for grout, it seals
it by soaking and creating a non-porous layer on top. If you didn't
use a waterproof grout mix on the shower floor that'll be a problem,
you may find yourself standing in the basement one day. Personally I
would use a plastic pan thing for a shower floor, it is more of a sure
thing and requires no maintenance. Not very upscale, I know.

I've uploaded a picture to the following site.

http://www.geocities.com/overlandtrail/BATH1.JPG

As you see the missing grout, keep in mind that
the rest of that seam around the shower is in tact.

Looks more like it was just badly done in the first place,
the grout strip is wide enough so that if you dont do it
right on adding water etc in a remix, it isnt strong
enough and has just fallen to bits because of that.

I was considering using a clear silicone over the grout
surface to seal the pores. Does that make sense, guys?

Sure, but make sure you mix the grout properly in the
first place, dont add more water later to make it less
stiff after its partially set when doing the grouting.