Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot
Thanks Paul,

1. The pressure relief valve (identified using the manual) is fine (the combi is located in the corner of the kitchen). So drips, drops or anything else.

2. When we moved-in the pressure always dropped down to 1.0 bar, whatever you filled it up to. Now the pressure drops half a bar every day. If the boiler is off, there is no change in the pressure. When it is on low the pressure drops half a bar every day, the hotter the radiators, the faster the drop in pressure.

I know this shouldn't have anything to do with it, but...the LCD display has failed, I can just make out it trying to show the time...

Cheers,
HotShot

The pipe from the pressure relief valve goes through the wall to outside usually, it may alternatively have been run to the kitchen waste in your case. Anyway you are to find the end of it and obsevre for water coming out of it no matter how small an amount.

Because you say it looses pressure when it has been on, I suspect that it may be your expansion vessel. These are charged with air to something between 0.5 and 1 bar, quite typically they are 0.7 bar. If this is the cause of your problem either the air has escaped or the bladder is burst. There is a Schareder valve on it, depress the needle briefly, if water comes out you need a new expanshion vessel, if not, get a bike pump, let all the air out, Read the pressure guage, pump up the vessel with the bike pump until the pressure guage shows an additional 0.7 bar.