Chris Bacon

Crafty Bugger wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Crafty Bugger wrote:

I think it's called Ellis board. It's a heat resistant board used to
line flues.

I need to saw up quite a bit of it and it seems quite dusty. It looks
like asbestos!

I think you can buy Ellis Board today. Try a BM for info (sheet
materials?). What makes you think it's Ellis Board?

I assume you mean "I don't think you can buy Ellis Board today."

No, I mean "I think you can (still) buy Ellis board today" - I seem to
remember seeing it recently.

I was recommended to buy some Ellis board (for a project I'm working
on) by a bloke at B&Q. They didn't sell it, but I just buy it at my
local Plumb-Centre. They seem to know what i mean when I ask for a
few sheets of it.

So you can buy it! Eh?

It's fairly crumbly stuff, and looks like there are flakes of metal
embedded in it.

If there is another name for it I don't know it.

If it's modern, it won't have asbestos in it.

What do you mean try a BM?

Try asking at Jewson's, Travis Perkins, Buildbase, or similar, to see
whether they know what it is.